Aug 2, 2010

Page Fortysix album

Three weeks ago I sat down at a table on the upper floor of the Java Dock, opened my laptop, and began working on this.


GMA by Page Fortysix

I finished it last weekend – kind of (there are still some nagging transitions I could work on) –at another coffee shop with a mug of Earl Grey and an emergency paperback. After about five hours of working on it today, it's turned into this song. Here I am, five hours after that (can't fall asleep yet) uploading it and sharing it here. I realize I do this a lot, but even now it amazes me that it's possible to keep what amounts to half a recording studio in a messenger bag.

The song is going to be on our first release, which has no name, as far as it's come. That's fine, because we haven't even finished writing for it yet, and we have a lot to do, but here you go. Take it how you will; there will be an album.

This track is way too long, but I couldn't resist. I am aware of this problem and am working to find a solution. Peace.

No comments: